Thursday, January 14, 2010

FAR Infrared

Far infrared
Far infrared

Some call it the ‘Light of Life’, others ‘Vital Rays’, NASA calls it ‘Bioenergetic Rays’; but, whatever nickname it is given far infrared has proven to be as important to human life as is oxygen, food, and water. (1)

Far infrared (FIR) is one range of the electromagnetic spectrum of waves emitted by the sun. Humans can not see this light, but know of its existence from the warmth they feel. To further explain how it is felt imagine yourself on a picnic during a hot summer day. It has become picnic protocol to set up the food under the shade of a tree. The air temperature does not change from the sun to the shade. So, why set up in the shade when the air temperature is the same in both locations? Because, the far infrared rays from the sun does raise the skin’s temperature when in direct contact. (1)

Unlike other saunas, the far infrared saunas’ heat penetrates at least 1 1/2 inches below the skin’s surface. This creates a deeper cleansing of the tissues. Far infrared heats the body directly. It does not use the air surrounding the person as a go between. The direct contact far infrared creates with the individual will result in a more intense sweat, while actually generating a lower temperature. This in turn allows more toxins to be eliminated than with other higher heated saunas. (2)

A 30 minute far infrared sauna is as advantageous to the cardiovascular system as is a 6 mile run. In fact, NASA has used far infrared for cardiac conditioning. With far infrared heat the blood vessels become dilated which helps lower blood pressure, increases blood circulation, boosts cellular metabolism, smoothes the walls of the blood carrying system and increases the production of both white blood cells and endorphins. The blood and its systems gain vigor which results in a strengthened immune system, quicker injury healing, normalized cholesterol, recovered energy and improved oxygen levels. (2)

Our tissues normally produce infrared energy for warmth and tissue repair. Tissue production of infrared energy is associated with a variety of healing responses. At times, the infrared energy in our tissues may require a boost to a higher level to ensure the fullest healing possible for tissue repair. (3)

Body tissues that need an infrared boost, selectively absorb infrared rays. The tissue will only use the infrared rays in areas were it is needed. After boosting a tissue’s infrared energy, the remaining rays pass onward harmlessly. This phenomenon is called “resonant absorption.” (3)

Research has shown that people that are chronically ill or with toxic levels from exposure to any toxin, pathogen, or nano advanced material have a lower base temperature than normal. Their natural far infrared energy source is being dimished by the condition. (3)

FIR will allow the body to attack any infectious material, foreign invader (chemicals), biofilms, nano microbic material and biomaterials. The melting point of many chemicals is greater than the body, but FIR creates temperatures that are RADIANT HEAT (cold heat) and will not burn the skin just push out foreign matter. FIR accelerates your internal regeneration of cells and the removal of superoxide molecules and toxins. (3)

There is a plethora of chemicals the body can not metabolize so when ingested these toxins tend to be stored in fat cells. A Chronic Toxic Overload is created when hundreds of chemicals dwell in the body. This condition causes dozens of debilitating illnesses. Excessive toxins cause the mechanism which creates enzymes to malfunction, resulting in nutritional shortages, which in turn can lead to hormone and brain imbalances. (2)

The heat from far infrared prevents the growth of bacteria and molds. Along with this effect, caused by the heat, the body will also activate its immune system anytime its core temperature rises above the norm. This stimulation of the immune system helps the body to more quickly rid itself of other illnesses. (2)
  • Infrared Sauna heat increases your blood circulation and stimulates the sweat glands, releasing built up toxins in the body. (5)
  • Daily sauna sweating can help detoxify your body as it rids itself of accumulated highly toxic metals (lead, mercury, nickel, and cadmium) as well as alcohol, nicotine, sulfuric acid, and other organic and inorganic compounds. (5)
  • infrared heaters will raise your core body temperature, inducing an artificial fever. Fever is the body’s natural mechanism to strengthen and accelerate the immune response, as seen in the case of infection. (5)
  • This enhanced immune system, combined with improved elimination of toxins and wastes via intense sweating, increases your overall health and resistance to disease. (5)

THIS INFORMATION WAS COMPILED FROM THE FOLLOWING SOURCES:
(1) http://www.promolifenews.com/far-infrared-elixir-of-light/
(2) http://www.promolifenews.com/far-infrared-the-ultimate-sauna/
(3) http://products.healinggrapevine.com/far-infrared/far-infrared-heat.html
(4) http://www.infraredsauna.com/why.html
(5) http://www.infraredsauna.com/health.html

Originally posted on LYMENAIDE

10 comments:

Alix said...

Ashley,
Thanks for this! What great facts to know about FIR. I should print this and tape it to the wall of my FIR sauna so I am reminded of all the benefits each time I do it.

It took me a long time to get the FIR sauna since I can induce an even deeper and longer sweat at my Bikram yoga classes - 1.5 hours of sweating, from about 20 minutes into class until 20 minutes after.

However, it has been really nice to do a non-hot yoga at times and then be able to sweat right before I go to bed. It really helps my sleep. Plus, it appears that the infrared heat itself might be more beneficial than just being hot and sweating profusely. Not that chicks sweat, right? Perspire.

lymenaide said...

And we look good doing it (sweating).

I'm thinking of getting a FIR mat. What do you think about that? I'm going to call the company today and ask if it is going to give me the benefits.

I started doing Bikram but my drs poo-pooed me doing it. I always felt great after the class. Maybe I will start again...

Alix said...

If you can enclose yourself in something that traps the heat from the FIR mat, I think it could make you sweat.

My doc (Dr. F) said not to do Bikram, but when I said it made me feel better, he said I could continue. I think it's only bad if you are drained and feeling worse afterward.

Then, I don't understand the aerobic exercise contraindication in Lyme - what does that do to us? My other doc (Dr. Best of Both Worlds) said to take proteolytic enzymes before and after exercise. According to Rossner's book, the enteric-coated proteolytic enzymes (like Wobenzyme) when taken on an empty stomach get into our circulating blood and break down (digest) Lyme neurotoxins and dead lyme debris.

This is almost making a comment into a post, but I have had trouble finding a proteolytic enzyme I can tolerate due to a severe aspergillus allergy. (They are made from aspergillus and though there is little in the final product, I have not tolerated them well.)

Kim said...

Thanks Ashely! I'm really missing the sauna. I haven't been using it since getting my PICC. I'm worried that the plastic might melt??? My LLMD suggested putting a cold pack over it while I'm in the sauna, but he wanted me to wait a couple of weeks until things stabilize with my arm. Would love to hear if others with PICC are using far infrared. I will say my husband uses the sauna regularly and has noticed a drop in his blood pressure!

Rob said...

More great FAR Infrared Sauna facts!

I do own one of these and managed to find a wonderful deal by shopping around on craigslist and other sites.

There is something magical about FIR and the benefits to us lymies. They can be extremely helpful in regulating your sleep pattern as well.

Kim...I have had both a picc and groshon and used the far infrared with both. You will be sweating , but that is normal. What I did, was keep it dry and cool with a towel while inside. The great thing for me about FIR is that they operate at lower temps than regular saunas. And you can get the same benefits if you crack or leave the door open. So, if you ever become too hot or are worried about the picc, open the door and let the room cool off. The sauna still does it's job because it doesn't use the air to heat you, it uses infrared waves.

Anyways, Hope that helps. Let me know if I can be of more.

Lyme is real said...

Wow, this is new to me, but judging from your comments, is something I should look into. You all are awesome! Thank you!!

lymenaide said...

I just did a follow up to this post on Lymenaide.
http://lymenaide.wordpress.com/2010/01/19/far-infrared-follow-up-and-purchase/

sonyafly said...

Does one have to buy a FIR sauna or are there places that have them to go to? Just curious. I looked into the BioMat as well. I did find a FIR sauna on Craigslist. I wasn't able to purchase it of course. I can just imagine how much it would help when my neck gets sore & stiff!

lymenaide said...

Depending on where you live you might be able to find a gym or spa with FIR. Most have regular saunas though not FIR. I believe a regular sauna would help too, but the temperatures are much higher.

I bought a portable FIR sauna You can get them for under $200 on amazon.com.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002POAYDW?ie=UTF8&tag=lymenaide-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002POAYDW

I paid a lot more, I didn't think to check amazon. This one looks almost exactly like the one I got. The zipper is a different color.

Wheelchair India said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
Tynor Leg Cast Cover

Keep Posting:)