Sunday, December 13, 2009

Am I Crazy?

“You are high strung.”

 “It is all in your head.”

“Everyone has off days.”

“There is nothing wrong with you.”

Were your first doctors as wonderfully supportive as mine? I’m sure that they were.

They ran tests and found nothing still they were willing to prescribed medications. Strange, I thought, why would they give me medication if they did not find anything wrong with me?

After 10 years I was diagnosed; Lyme disease, co-infections, viruses, worms, parasites, amoebas, protozoas, thyroid dysfunction, hormone imbalance…

How in the world did those other doctors miss all of that? Did they really think that I was just crazy? Well if they didn’t before, I am sure they would now. Sometimes even I think it is crazy.

Last week my doctor made me a homeopathic remedy for bartonella. He had me spit in a cup. He made a concoction out of my spit mixed with purified water and vodka. I now take four drops three times a day. Sounds like total hocus pocus. Well this is the second time I have been given the remedy. The first time I broke out with a huge bartonella rash. No denying that it works. That was all the proof I needed no matter how crazy it sounds.

Since diagnosis, and finding doctors who truly understand my illness and care about my well being, I have come face to face with quite a few “are you kidding me” moments.

I had heard about muscle testing so that was not such a shock. I am not going to pretend that I understand it though, it is weird! But, amazingly it is accurate, it works.

I have also done BioSet computer sensitivity testing, had my vitamins and supplements lazered into me, used a light machine to kill viruses and bacteria in my blood, ionic footbaths to detox, tapping to open up pathways in my body, and IVs filled with things like garlic and hydrogen peroxide to kill a blood born protozoa. You know people look at me funny when I tell them about it. They think I am NUTS!

The one thing I have not been able to get my head around was being told that my problem with garlic came not only from this life, but a past life as well. The lady told me I worked around garlic in that past life. I told her I was a vampire, it seemed just as likely to be the answer to me.

In addition to all these strange and curious therapies my doctors do use normal blood testing and medications. Are they crazy? Am I crazy to trust my health to these witches and warlocks? I don’t think so.

I have come to realize a few things from this journey. First, doctors do not have all the answers. The good ones will admit that. Second, our minds are capable of so much more than we can even begin to understand.

I also wonder why traditional therapies and herbs are discredited by most doctors and patients. Many of them have been around for hundreds some even thousands of years. Why do we put so much stock in modern medicine which does not have a very long nor very clean track record?

Am I crazy? No, just open to the possibilities and reaping the benefits.

5 comments:

Alix said...

Ha! Yes, off days are what bring us to the doctor. Great contrast between we as the patient being deemed crazy and what we patients think of some of the crazy treatments we are getting. I'm just going with the whole program, not questioning some of the crazier stuff.

Lyme is real said...

I, too, have found answers both in modern medicine and naturopathic medicine. Love the contrasts and the post!

Rob said...

First time reader and commenter! Unfortunately not new to Lyme. I'm 28m suffering w/Lyme for 10 years+ and It managed to take my mother at 45. And who even knows anyone with Lyme? hah! That had me rolling.

Had to laugh at all the experiments as I like to call them. Like ANYONE knows EXACTLY what to do to rid each of us from this nasty bug and co-infections etc. Ive just accepted the "that guy must be nuts" looks and comments that fly my way when I am trying something new. But what can we do right?

Good luck and I hope to continue following you guys! SpiroChicks....love it! ;]

Alix said...

Rob, Thanks for dropping by! So sorry to hear you've been suffering since you were 18. Did you get it congenitally or acquire it?

cehansen said...

Wow! a homemade bartonella remedy.....was this Dr F by chance, or Dr P?